ZapTech Technologies for BOF Shops
- Are used at BOF shops that utilize LD, Q-BOP, K-OBM and other processes.
- Do not require significant additional capital investments.
- Use traditional dry materials (fluxes, fuel and coolers) as well as new materials (MgO containing synthetic materials, waste, etc.).
- Provide the flexibility of hot metal consumption (from 0% to 100% in metallic charge).
- Offer a wide range of applications for various types of fuels and coolers.
- Utilize preheating of scrap in the converter.
- Allow you to forecast and to reduce slag splashing during the heat.
- Increases production levels of BOF shops.
- Use low levels of fluxes and ferroalloys.
- Offer Quick tap of the heat according to the results of intermediate measurements (and/or sampling).
- Offer Direct Tap of the heat without temperature measurement and sampling.
- Offer control over parameters of the heat (chemical composition of metal and slag, temperature).
- Ensure high lining life and reduce the cost of the lining’s maintenance.