Founded 1991 in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
ZapTech provides technologies to:
- Increase productivity
- Increase flexibility
- Improve the quality of the finished product
- Improve lining life and to reduce the cost of maintenance
Over 20 steel plants in North America, Europe, Australia and Africa produce more than 40,000,000 tons of steel annually using ZapTech Technologies. The plants generate average cost reduction of $5 to $10 per ton of steel produced.
- 1990–1995 Technologies for high scrap ratio (up to 100% scrap) in BOF shops.
- Since 1996 Reductions in production costs and increases in the flexibility of BOF steelmaking processes.
- Since 1999 Production and use of new materials in BOF shops.
- Since 2003 Technological support and software for EAF shops.
- Since 2004 Production of new materials for the blast furnace process.
- Since 2006 Support of refractory outsourcing projects in BOF and EAF shops.
- Since 2011 Implementation of software for BOF and EAF processes in Russia.
- Since 2017 Automatization of BOF process in JSC Severstal.